Chandler Macleod are recruiting for our client who require both a Farm Manager and Hatchery Managers for their busy operation in the Riverina Region of NSW.
This role is an entry level role, if successful you will work closely with Managers for both the Farm and Hatchery sites until such time as you can take on Management responsibilities of your own.
Based at our client, an Australian leader in the production of premium poultry products, you will work in their livestock division in the Griffith area.
For the right person these are long-term opportunities with one of the region's largest employers with support from the team at Chandler Macleod.
Working alongside the Farm and/or Hatchery Managers, your primary responsibilities will be to learn and implement the following:
- Minimum Operating Standards
- Animal Welfare
- Quarantine Procedures
- Workplace Injury Management System
- Environmental Management System
- Workplace Health and Safety System
- Chain of Responsibility Policies and Procedures
To be successful (but not essential):
- Previous experience in livestock or processing environment
- Developing leadership skills including conflict resolution and problem solving
- Current driver's licence (essential)
Further skills and experience desired:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent planning skills particularly in relation to staffing at adequate levels, and control of production to meet customer requirements
- Experience in staff supervision and ability to demonstrate sound leadership qualities
- Well-developed problem-solving skills related to quality issues with the ability to arrive and implement long term preventative actions
- Ability to set and work within budgets, manage costs and cost reporting on a weekly basis
Knowledge of the poultry livestock industry and knowledge of hatchery operations, including animal welfare will be highly regarded.
To apply please follow the link or for more information contact a member of the Chandler Macleod Griffith team on (02) 6762 9055.