This is a unique role for an inspirational product designer to create a design hub tailored to the building and supply chain sector.
- Ability to transform ideas into designs and products
- Independent and creative thinker
- Commercially savvy and designer with passion
About the Client:
Established to service the building sector for over 100 years our client has enjoyed designing and manufacturing innovative building products delivering new technologies while focusing on providing products offering durability and low maintenance.About the Role:
Reporting to the Team Leader of the Research & Development Product Design Team, we are looking for a highly intuitive designer to join the R & D team based in the Australian head office location in Western Sydney.
This role is unique and one that offers a result driven designer the creative licence to develop and create a Design Hub for the Australian and global market. It could be said you will be the lead inspiration to create a product design business within one of the most well established building manufacturers in Australia.What you will be doing each day:
You will have:
- On a daily basis you will work closely with product and technology global R & D Development teams to rapidly sketch concept ideas/renderings based on new technology attibutes and product possibilities in both freehand and 3D software.
- Consult with customers (internal and external) to determine requirements for concept product designs with a focus on form and function.
- Conduct competitor analysis and report to business on trends, opportunities and threats,
- Research and propose various ways a product might be used and who will use it.
- Create physical prototypes of concepts,
- Examine materials and manufacuring requirements to determine production costs,
- Present designs and demonstrate prototypes to clients (internal and external) for approval.
To be successful in this role you will have previously worked as a designer in some of the following sectors including:
Ideally you will have the following qualifications:
- Architecture or building or as an interior designer where you have been responsible for interpreting and quickly sketching up and articulating designs, textures, colours, themes that would inspire developers to purchase your ideas that will be brought to life by real life examples.
If you are an experienced designer with a desire to inspire, innovate, motivate, deliver unique building products to customers who are at the heart of everything you do, please send us your CV and Cover Letter.
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture with Interior Design and/or Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Structural. majoring in Architecture (Interior Design).
- Min 5 years'experience working in the interior design sector/structural engineering/architectural design and possess knowledge of building science - preferred.
We are only able to consider candidates with full, permanent Australian work rights.