Our reputable Federal Government Agency client is on the hunt for a proven Product Owner to join their Canberra team. This opportunity is an initial 3 month contract + the option to extend for a further 24 months.
Tell me more?
As a Product Owner you will manage the prioritisation, definition and delivery of a fit-for-purpose end product. Working within an Agile environment, some of your duties will include:
- Negotiate, engage and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders to deliver products and services, build service delivery capability and promote the agency's services
- Contribute to strategic planning with a particular emphasis on addressing the service delivery needs of the customer/end user in agreement with stakeholders, set the prioritisation of and acceptance criteria for solutions and provide sign-off that they have been met
- Undertake ongoing stakeholder engagement to ensure detailed understanding of user requirements is always current
- Identify and manage risks, and implement mitigation strategies where needed
- Participate in agile planning events and work with team members to ensure sequencing is logical and prioritised to deliver value to the customer/end users with input from stakeholders, have responsibility for prioritisation of the team's product backlog
- Attend relevant agile events (e.g. daily stand-ups, retrospectives, showcases) to provide insight about the end users' needs, to ensure that the interests of the end user are appropriately represented
To be successful for this role, you must possess strong communication, negotiation and conflict management skills. Additionally, you have:
- Minimum 1-year experience as a Product Owner or similar role in product development
- High degree of proficiency in iterative development and strong knowledge of Agile principles
- Proven record of delivering IT solutions with a user experience mindset
- Established background in business analysis
- Proven ability to influence cross functional teams without formal authority
- Experience in JIRA and KANBAN
Please note, due to the nature of the work, minimum Baseline Clearance is essential.
Technology & Digital
+61 2 6213 5944
ManpowerGroup is committed to being a Diversity Confident Recruiter and encourages applications from people from a diverse range of backgrounds, including people with a disability. Please indicate your preferred method of communication in your resume and please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments should you be contacted for an interview.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Experis Pty Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of ManpowerGroup
State: QLD, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHL-02026-D5L4Q. State: QLD, licensee/s Experis Pty Ltd, LHL-02014-Y5F6D. State: SA, licensee/s Manpower Services (Australia) Pty Ltd, LHS 288856