Chandler Macleod are currently recruiting a Maintenance Fitter for our client, a leading poultry producer in Hanwood.
Based on site in Hanwood on a 12-hour rotating roster, this position is primarily responsible for carrying out repairs and maintenance to plant machinery and equipment in line with company & WHS standards, while ensuring minimal interruptions to plant operations and systems.
In order to join their team for quality training, an excellent work environment and potential career opportunities you will meet the following requirements.
- Trades qualification with experience in maintenance of manufacturing equipment (welding highly desirable)
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to make quick fault diagnoses and rectify issues correctly and efficiently to minimise down time and to implement preventative actions
- Knowledge and commitment to work to Quality Systems, WHS and EMS procedures and an understanding of how day to day activities could impact on the environment
- Ability to set up plant machinery and equipment to achieve efficiency targets set for the plant machinery and equipment operation
- Ability to use hard copy and computer-based maintenance schedules on a weekly, daily and hourly basis and accompanying organisational skills
- Experience working in a high-pressure environment
- Reasonable level of fitness
- Flexibility of working hours
- Team player and friendly personality
- Experience working with and maintaining pneumatic or hydraulic systems highly regarded
If this sounds like you, please click the 'Apply' button today and upload a current resume outlining your experience and qualifications. For further information, please contact our Griffith team on (02) 6762 9055.